Monday, August 25, 2014

The Year Long Slumber

     I had a pretty busy weekend, so when I got back on campus (after driving around lost for half an hour) and taking care of some stuff, I decided to take a nap. It was about 5 pm at this point. I woke up this morning at 5:45ish. I guess I needed sleep.

     I had purchased a dozen chocolate donuts. I was going to eat some for breakfast this morning. I was really excited about these donuts. Apparently I was more excited for these than I thought, because I woke up and they were gone. All of them. Also a lunchable and three twinkies. I'm a little bit sad that I didn't get to enjoy these snacks consciously, but I'm pretty impressed with how much I managed to eat in my sleep. Especially because it was all in a plastic tub under my bed.

     My dream was really uncomfortable. I went to Red Lobster and was looking at the lobster tank while I waited for my table, and fell in love with a lobster named Mary Sue. We got married. We bought a house in China. We adopted seven kids.

     I had sushi for lunch again today. I found out that there's a box of sushi that is cheap enough for me to get free every day. I will very likely get this box of sushi every day. It's not even great sushi. But it's free. I like free.

     I have to wait until 10:30 for the sushi place to open. JUS101 starts at 11. This gives me 30 minutes to inhale the box of sushi and hike across campus and up five flights of stairs. I decided to take it slow today. I made a mistake, because someone had arrived early and taken my seat. Joke's on some other loser, because I took his seat. Show up to class early, dingbat.

     Speaking of JUS101, the professor learned my name. I don't know why my name was one of the first ones she learned, but I do know that I am going to get called on every time she needs a volunteer now.

     It's been over a week. My wired internet is still not on. I am becoming more than a little bit frustrated. Running out of options, I googled around a bit to see if others have had any problems with it and found a live chat with the IT department. They couldn't escape me any longer. They guy on the other side said they'd been swamped with requests, but he put in another ticket and marked it as a priority, so it should be up tomorrow. He also gave me a number to call if it isn't. I'm going to get it one way or another.

     There was chicken fried steak for dinner tonight, and I ate four. That is all.

2 comments:

  1. 1. You forgot to mention how much you loved being home for the weekend.

    2. All that sleep eating probably caused that crazy dream.

    3. You could probably eat your sushi AFTER your JUS101 class.

    4. Chicken fried steak sounds good.

    5. I have your Ginny's Jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am magically transported back to my own college days as I read your blog. Homework, new friends, getting lost, and fast food.

    ReplyDelete