Friday, August 22, 2014

The End of A McEra

     On Fridays, I get out of classes at noon, so I had initially planned to drive home every weekend and work. I realized pretty quickly after moving in that that was a horrible plan. Nevertheless, I was committed, so I got in my car and drove. I had discussed the way to get home without getting lost with my parents when I went home for lunch on Wednesday, so I felt pretty confident in not using my GPS this time. I got lost. Less lost, but lost.

     Made it home safely though, and that's really all that matters. I relaxed for a little bit, and got dressed for work. I went in and immediately put in my two week notice. It was a bittersweet feeling. Working down closer to school will be a much more convenient way of living, and there are tons of new opportunities. Besides, it's always good to shake things up. On the other hand, I really kinda liked that job. It wasn't great, but people were nice and the hours were flexible, and I was really good at it. I've been at McDonalds for 15 months now, 14 months longer than I had intended to work when I first applied, and it was a great experience.

     I realized when I got home that I left my phone charger in my room back at school. I went over my room three times because I had this aching feeling that I had forgotten something, but each time I didn't find anything that I would need at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment