Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Second First Day Of Class

     Didn't have my first class until 11 today. Had a very vivid dream of the noise from the trash pickup the night before, so I woke up at 7 anyway. Hope that doesn't become a recurring thing. Got breakfast (biscuits and gravy every morning. Here's to gaining 50 pounds) and headed to my first class, Principles of Informatics. It's a very large lecture with over 100 people and 4 professors. Looks like that one will have the most homework of the five, but it still really doesn't have too much. It was mostly going over the syllabus, so I don't have an opinion of this one then.

     Met a friend from high school for lunch. There's sushi on campus. Really good sushi. I ate a lot of really good sushi. I had a two hour lunch break, but he only had one hour, so he headed off to class and I went for a jog. We agreed to meet up after classes were over to hang out.

     Media Fandoms and Transformative Works. Sounds like the stupidest class ever. It is, but I like it. It sounds like we're going to cover a lot of interesting topics, and I am pretty excited for it. We went over the syllabus and got let out 45 minutes early. I'm beginning to like the teachers that finish what they need to finish and then let us go. Wastes less time.

     Since I got out early, I had 45 minutes left to wait for Scott to get out of class. I decided to watch poker, but Fox Sports South was only showing reruns. Who wants to watch reruns of poker? You already know who's going to win. I watched 45 minutes of reruns of poker.

     Scott got to my room and we headed out to Gamestop, because I had a coupon that was only good this week. The coupon was buy 2 get 1 free. I had a very specific set of three games I wanted to get. Gamestop had two. I asked the man at the counter if he had the other one in the back, and he gave me the BEST service of my life. He told me they didn't, but a store 15 minutes away did. The other store didn't have the two games I wanted that this store did. He got a rep from the other store on the phone, and they worked out a deal where I bought those two, and returned them at the other store, only to repurchase them and use the coupon. Seriously incredible service. Also, the guy at the other store had a pin on his lanyard of one of my tattoos and gave it to me. That was cool.

     We got back and Scott's friend Tristan wanted to get dinner, so we got dinner. Then we headed back to my room to play games. Four hours later, Scott went home, and I fell asleep writing this blog, which is why it's being posted in the morning. Oops.

1 comment:

  1. And that's why we keep shopping at Game Stop! Great customer service. Love reading about your day! Sounds like you're enjoying the food on campus! :)

    ReplyDelete