Saturday, September 6, 2014

Drunken McDonalds

     This week has been rather uneventful, so I haven't had anything worthwhile to blog about. I have begun getting grades back, and I've got 100's in every class so far, so there's an update on how school's been going.

     I am still absolutely in love with my writing class. My teacher is in the process of publishing a novel, and hearing him talk about it kind of makes me want to write one. I know it's something that I'd never end up sticking with, but it sounds really fun.

     Spent the majority of my free time this week playing video games with my friends. No one should be surprised about that.

     Wednesday was meat day. For dinner, there was brisket, ribs, and philly cheese steaks. I had a cheese steak, then decided I wanted some brisket. After that, I got ribs, and then another cheese steak. By the fourth plate, the server laughed when I said I wanted more. I didn't think I ate an unreasonable amount of food, but he probably did. (Side note: I've actually lost weight since moving down here.)

     Apparently some glass exploded in the Student Union today. I wasn't there, but my friend told me it just sort of shattered because of a combination of the hot sunlight and the AC. I really wish I could have been there so I could tell my grandkids of the time the stairs blew up in college.

     By far, the most interesting event of the week was my trip to McDonalds tonight. One of my roommates asked if I was hungry and wanted to go get food, and I went with him. We got to a McDonalds, went inside, waited for 15 minutes, and then someone came up and told us they were closed. She didn't seem happy that we were inside her store. The doors were unlocked and the lights were on, so I'm not sure how we were supposed to know they didn't open until 5. Also, it was 3 AM. I cannot understand why workers were there two hours before open.

     We were not going to be defeated quite so easily. We went to another McDonalds, and they were actually open. We placed our order and waited for the food. While we were waiting, a man came in, clearly very, very drunk. It seemed like he had something under his shirt, which my roommate also noticed, so we backed away. At this point, I didn't care about my food, I just didn't want to be involved in a robbery. Turns out, he was hiding his buddy's hat under there. Apparently there had been a fight at the Waffle House two buildings down and he took off with the hat. He we to great lengths to tell us about the fight he was in. Evidently, the cops arrived at one point, and he decided to lay face down in the rocks by the road. He claims he was laying there for an hour. I kinda believe him.

     After telling us his story, he asked us if we could drive him across town. We said no. He begged. We said no. He asked if we could just drop him off at the exit and he would jump out of the car while it was moving. We once again said no. He was beginning to get angry, and I was beginning to become a frightened. My roommate told him that we actually snuck out after curfew and had to get back before our RA figured out we were missing. He seemed to believe that, and left. Only then was our food ready. We went to our car, keeping an eye out for the strange man, and drove back discussing the events we had just witnessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment