Monday, September 8, 2014

Cleaning Day

     Dorm inspections are this week, and my room was a total mess. Naturally, I had to clean it. I didn't expect it to take four hours. I had five bags of trash to take out. Taking out five bags of trash is hard. I wasn't about to make two trips though, so I struggled all the way to the dumpster. It was worth it.

     My carpet needed vacuuming. Turns out, I'm really bad at vacuuming. I don't know how, but that alone took an hour and a half. I don't have a big room. I don't know where that time went.

     While I was vacuuming, I noticed dust collecting in the vents of my consoles. I didn't have a can of air with me, so I grabbed a friend and drove to the nearest Walmart. He had been wanting me to take him to the store because he doesn't have a car. He just needed to pick up some snacks. He grabbed a cart, and I followed while he walked around the store putting things in the cart. Of course, I also put $30 of food in the cart (to be fair, $15 of that was a 10-pack of my favorite flavor of Monster). We could not find the cans of air. We asked someone, and he directed us to the air horns. I didn't need an air horn. I needed a can of compressed air. I guess an air horn is technically a can of compressed air, but I needed a different kind of can of compressed air.

     We had to ask four workers, but we finally found it. At this point, I was done with Walmart, so we went to the self checkout to pay for our items and leave. I was unaware you had to be ID'd to purchase cans of compressed air. The checkout kept saying someone would be over to assist me. No workers were to be found. We waited for almost fifteen minutes before someone finally came.

     When I returned to my room, I noticed a ton more trash sitting out that I must have missed. It can wait until tomorrow.

1 comment: