Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pocket Check

     I did laundry today for the first time. Nothing major happened. My clothes are still the same color and size as they were when I put them in the machines, so I'm counting it as a success. That is, until I returned to my room.

     I folded all of my clothes like a pro, and sat down to enjoy a nice cold IBC rootbeer and an hour of Minecraft. Within seconds, I was wearing the rootbeer. I was drenched. Nothing good happens on laundry day.

     When I locked myself out earlier in the year, I began checking my pockets every time I left any place. Wallet in back left pocket. Phone in front right pocket. Keys in front left pocket. It quickly became a ritual for me to do this check constantly. Today, I decided to go for a late night jog. It was around midnight, but I was bored and had nothing else to do. So I slipped on my running shorts and my sleeveless shirt and went. My running shorts didn't have a back pocket. Locked myself out again.

     For whatever reason, I grabbed my Playstation Vita instead of my phone. This left me unable to call anyone to let me in. I got a kind stranger to let me into the building and my hall, but I needed my own key (or a roommate's) to get me into my actual room. Luckily, the Vita has a facebook app. Unluckily, the app is garbage and barely works. After struggling with it for a while, I finally got a message through to my three roommates asking if anyone was around to let me in (yes, I did try knocking first). I waited and waited and finally got a reply. "I'm at Applebees, I'll be back soon." (I'm reminded of something my parents said about nothing good happening at Applebees.) I responded with gratitude and told him not to rush. I had my Vita, so I wasn't terribly bored. Until it died. Right away. 2 AM rolled around, and he arrived.

     And now I'm sitting here, waiting for 3 AM so I can get breakfast from McDonalds, because this incident left me very hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment