Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Busy Week

     It's been a while since I had a chance to sit down and make a blog post, so here goes. Sorry for the delay, I've been keeping busy.

     Last Tuesday, I took a test to skip Elementary Programming. I know how to write code, so that course was completely unnecessary for me. The test was 90 minutes, so I was a bit nervous I wouldn't have time to finish it. Turns out, it was actually only 9 questions. I was done in 15 minutes. I got the results a couple of days later, and I passed.

     Had an exam in Criminal Justice on Wednesday. I absolutely love that class. I did decently well on the exam (93.06%). The professor used my name in one of the questions. I stole 700 fanny packs. I got a good kick out of that.

     Friday night was the first competition for the Cyberdefense team. I knew basically nothing. I spent most of Friday and part of Saturday looking over shoulders learning what people were doing. It seems like a great learning experience, but I don't think I'll be able to balance it, school, and a job, so I'm not going to be a part of the team this year. Might do it next year. We'll see.

     Went home on Sunday to pick some things up. I needed my Wii for a project (trust me. It's for school) and figured I'd pick up some games and my guitar. A friend of mine is teaching me to play guitar. Hopefully I'll be able to play soon.

      Monday I had a meeting with my advisor to discuss next semester. It was supposed to be 30 minutes, but we talked for well over an hour. We discussed a bunch of things: studying abroad, graduating early, getting my Master's, what classes I need to take over the summer. I've got a pretty good grasp on what I need to do to finish this all up as soon as possible. I'm going to be taking an extra class next semester and a few over the summers, and possibly some extras next year. I'm definitely graduating a year early.

No comments:

Post a Comment