Monday, September 15, 2014

Movie Day

     Another title for this could have been "The Big Assignment Due Tuesday and My Excuses For Not Doing It".

     For reasons completely unrelated to procrastination, I decided to make Sunday a movie day. I woke up at 3 in the afternoon, and made this decision completely unrelated to my upcoming project proposal. I ended up watching four movies and doing zero homeworks.

     I started of with the best movie of all time, Die Hard. Easily my favorite movie. I've probably seen it forty times or so. I make a point to watch it every few months, and every Christmas. This time was just as enjoyable as every other time. I considered watching it twice in a row, but I ended up moving on to something else.

     There was a Reddit thread a couple days ago about the best movies, and while my choice of Die Hard was quite popular, The Breakfast Club beat it out. I'd never actually seen that movie, but I had noticed it was recently made available for streaming on Netflix, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It was actually a lot better than I expected it to be. It's not quite Die Hard, but it was an enjoyable movie that I could see myself enjoying again.

     I watched Die Hard a second time. Deal with it.

     Up next was Hot Rod. It's a stupid movie with a premise similar to Napoleon Dynamite: awkward kids do things. Specifically, an awkward kid wants to jump his moped over fifteen busses. I watched this movie for the first time a few years ago simply because Andy Samberg is in it and he's a comedic genius, but I really like it. It's a really easy movie to watch, and the writing is just fantastic. It actually rivals Die Hard in my mind.

     I almost watched Die Hard again, but I saw School of Rock in my recommended viewings, and I had to end the night off with that. I hadn't seen that movie in years, so I didn't remember how good it is. I had fun.

     So I guess I'm spending this evening doing that homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment